We strive to make Ohio a place where all animals are protected from cruelty, abuse, and neglect.
We lead and collaborate with teams across Ohio to champion humane policy and coexistence with animals deserving of respect and protection.
An animal compassionate one. We welcome Ohioans looking to turn their compassion into action.
Making a Difference
Fundamental change can be accomplished only through the collaborative efforts of diverse groups who come together to work on innovative solutions.
Systemic change happens when communities learn to enhance the human-animal bond, improve safety, and increase their compassion for animals.
OAA Resource Directory
When resources are critical to action and advocacy, it is important to have a source for statewide connections that help Ohio and Ohio animals.
To support struggling families and their pets, we provide valuable resources such as a list of programs designed for seniors and low-income families.
We advocate for at-risk family members and safety planning for their pet(s) because we recognize a link between animal abuse and family violence.
An opportunity exists for a new approach to learning how we can coexist with wildlife and advocate for protective policies at the state and local level.
- 07/22/2021If you care about ending the trafficking of big cats, wildlife killing contests, greyhound racing and gas chambers in Ohio, and enhancing felony cruelty for Ohio’s pets – let your voice be heard. Contact your federal and state legislators on these important issues today!
- 07/12/2021The high temperatures and hot sun this summer means dogs can be at risk of heat exhaustion, heatstroke, and even heat-related death when outside. Check out Human Animal Support Services’ tips to protect your dog this summer.
- 07/09/2021A huge thank you to Christa Hissong, a caring Wayne County social service worker, and Bonnie Bauman, with the Wayne County Dog Warden’s Office for working together to help a 7 year old dog named Ammo that had spent too much of his life outside and in the heat. This collaborative effort resulted in the dog now being up for …
- 07/05/2021Summer warning – cyclists please be alert on multi-use trails for pets! Marie Marcella and Eric Sharb lost their beloved Boston Terrier June 8 when a cyclist hit Oliver. Even though Oliver was given extensive veterinarian care, sadly, his severe injuries lead to his death. Marie and Eric have asked all of us to spread the word so this tragedy is not repeated. Click the …
- 07/01/2021Community cat advocates working in the field or those interested in starting a TNR program – HSUS is hosting on Wednesday, July 14 at 6:00-7:30 PM a free virtual presentation on community cats (webinar). The featured speaker will be Danielle Bays, Senior Analyst, Cat Protection & Policy at HSUS.
- 06/21/2021Get ready for Prime Day! Sign up for AmazonSmile and select Ohio Animal Advocates as your preferred charity at smile.amazon.com/ch/83-1947658. Remember to shop for deals at smile.amazon.com, or with AmazonSmile ON in the Amazon app, and AmazonSmile will donate to us at no cost to you.