We strive to make Ohio a place where all animals are protected from cruelty, abuse, and neglect.
To help Ohio families and their pets, OAA's Resource Directory puts local resources at your fingertips.
We lead and collaborate with teams across Ohio to champion humane policy and coexistence with animals deserving of respect and protection.
An animal compassionate one. We welcome Ohioans looking to turn their compassion into action.
Making a Difference
To support struggling families and their pets, we provide valuable resources such as a list of programs designed for seniors and low-income families.
We advocate for at-risk family members and safety planning for their pet(s) because we recognize a link between animal abuse and family violence.
An opportunity exists for a new approach to learning how we can coexist with wildlife and advocate for protective policies at the state and local level.
- 12/6/2021The novel Not Without My Pet: Understanding the Relationship Between Victims of Domestic Violence and Their Pets, by Andrew M. Campbell, was released 9/21/21, and is available on Amazon here. When using your Amazon Smile account – remember to list Ohio Animal Advocates as your preferred charity!
- 12/3/2021Pets bring value to their owners experiencing homelessness, yet the public often assumes these pets are in poor health. A study done by Community Veterinary Outreach, shows the health of pets owned by the homeless and vulnerably-housed individuals is generally good and compared to other populations of owned pets – available on OAA’s Pet Assistance Program information page.
- 11/30/2021GivingTuesday is a time to put passion into action. We hope this GivingTuesday, you will support our passionate team in making Ohio a place where all animals are protected from cruelty, abuse, and neglect. To donate, scan the QR code below or hit the donate button at the top of our page. Thank you from OAA and the animals!
- 11/29/2021Tomorrow, 11/30, is GivingTuesday – an opportunity for people around the world to stand together in unity. We kindly ask that your generosity this year include a donation to OAA, so we can continue to be Ohio’s voice for animals. People can show their generosity in a variety of ways during GivingTuesday – whether it’s helping a neighbor, advocating for …
- 11/25/2021Happy Thanksgiving from OAA! Though it can be tempting to treat our companion animals to table scraps, certain Thanksgiving foods can be harmful to their health. Before you share your meal, make sure to check out the link below for safe foods, and foods to avoid.
- 11/23/2021OAA has added to its Statewide Resources Lists trap/neuter/return (TNR) advocates, who can help community cats in Ohio communities. This important list joins OAA Statewide Resources Lists for pet food pantries, low-cost spay-neuter, safe havens to get pets out of domestic violence, and wildlife rehabbers.