We strive to make Ohio a place where all animals are protected from cruelty, abuse, and neglect.
To help Ohio families and their pets, OAA's Resource Directory puts local resources at your fingertips.
We lead and collaborate with teams across Ohio to champion humane policy and coexistence with animals deserving of respect and protection.
An animal compassionate one. We welcome Ohioans looking to turn their compassion into action.
Making a Difference
Trap/neuter/release (TNR) is the only humane and scientifically proven way of stemming overpopulation in cats, and should be done right away.
Tethering dogs is inhumane. Local anti-tethering ordinances support the humane treatment of outdoor dogs while enhancing public safety.
Systemic change happens when communities learn about the human-animal bond and increase their compassion towards animals.
To support struggling families and their pets, we provide valuable resources such as a list of programs designed for seniors and low-income families.
We advocate for at-risk family members and safety planning for their pet(s) because we recognize a link between animal abuse and family violence.
An opportunity exists for a new approach to learning how we can coexist with wildlife and advocate for protective policies at the state and local level.
- 9/19/2021Ohio Virtual Humane Lobby Day – Please join our partner HSUS for a Lobby Day event on Tuesday, September 21 at 6 PM. Attendees will learn why we need to lobby for laws that protect animals, an overview of how a bill becomes a law, what you can do now to lobby for the passage of pro-animal legislation pending in the …
- 09/15/2021Wildlife killing contests are a low-profile form of animal exploitation rarely seen by the general public but quite pervasive across America. Countless events like the “Shoot for the Cash Predator Bash” and the “Grand Slam Coyote Series” take place in nearly all of the 42 states where they are legal. Competitors kill for the thrill, for bragging rights, and for …
- 09/12/2021Just 10 days to go until Keynote Speaker Phil Arkow with the National Link Coalition kicks off Animal Welfare Institute’s Safer Together Virtual Workshop on 9/21/21. Safer Together: Cross-reporting for Humane and Human Services will cover Ohio H.B. 33, which was signed into law on 1/6/21 and requires animal cruelty reporting by social workers, counselors and veterinarians. The workshop will explore the link …
- 09/06/2021OAA is very thankful to The Ohio State University John Glenn College of Public Affairs, Columbus State Community College, Northwestern University and University of Cincinnati College of Law for sending compassionate, hardworking students that care deeply about animals and want to learn how to make a difference for them in their future careers. 2021 Spring Interns: Hannah Zoldesy, Nonprofit Management, …
- 09/05/2021The U.S. Supreme Court ended the CDC’s eviction moratorium meaning renters can now be subject to eviction as the Delta variant continues to surge. Renters concerned about eviction can see a statewide directory of emergency rental assistance programs on the Coalition for Homeless and Housing in Ohio’s (COHHIO) website. Cleveland.com details where concerned renters can find additional information about statewide …
- 09/01/2021REGISTER NOW FOR OCTOBER’S COMMUNITY CAT SUMMIT! Ohio Animal Advocates and Together Initiative are hosting a statewide virtual conference Saturday afternoon on October 9th of 2021, with top-notch presenters including key-note speaker Sterling Davis, the TrapKing. Read more on our key-note speaker here: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/how-rapper-quir-his-music-career-start-cat-rescue-n1248990). Outdoor cat houses will be raffled off – registration at https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_JjEcb1oRT7ea28TOm3g3cw