We strive to make Ohio a place where all animals are protected from cruelty, abuse, and neglect.
To help Ohio families and their pets, OAA's Resource Directory puts local resources at your fingertips.
We lead and collaborate with teams across Ohio to champion humane policy and coexistence with animals deserving of respect and protection.
An animal compassionate one. We welcome Ohioans looking to turn their compassion into action.
Making a Difference
Pet Assistance Resources
To support struggling families and their pets, we provide valuable resources such as a list of programs designed for seniors and low-income families.
We advocate for at-risk family members and safety planning for their pet(s) because we recognize a link between animal abuse and family violence.
An opportunity exists for a new approach to learning how we can coexist with wildlife and advocate for protective policies at the state and local level.
We provide resources and build partnerships to expand opportunities to humanely care for community cats while reducing populations and nuisances.
We educate communities and local officials on the inhumane suffering and public safety concerns by tethering dogs outside.
The opportunity to build compassion for community, family and animals exists through humane education opportunities.
- 08/08/2022Happy International Cat Day! Take some time today to browse through our Community Cat resources to learn how you can help our feline friends. We have resources on TNR, community cat ordinances, and webinar information with community cat professionals.
- 08/05/2022Our next Real Ohio Tour to Moonshot Farms is coming up on August 27th! Moonshot Farms is an animal sanctuary and rescue committed to rehoming animals of abuse, neglect, or hoarding cases throughout Ohio and giving them the care they need. Moonshot wants to provide people with an opportunity to cultivate relationships with traditionally farmed animals. Space is limited! We …
- 08/04/2022Don’t miss this Sunday’s Trap-Neuter-Return certification workshop! This 2.5 hour course teaches best practices for TNR and colony management. The course covers getting along with neighbors, preparations for trapping, trapping itself (including entire colonies at once), feeding, providing winter shelter, and more. Instructed by: Bryan Kortis, National Programs Director of Neighborhood Cats and Susan Richmond, Executive Director of Neighborhood Cats …
- 08/03/2022“Not Without My Pet” is OAA’s August Book of the Month. This book discusses the role of pets in domestic violence situations. “Victims of abuse often choose to remain in the abusive home if no safe place of refuge exists for their animals. Protection of their pets often comes at a perilous price.” Let us know if you’ve read this …
- 07/29/2022Celebrate International Tiger Day today by fighting for big cats! The U.S. House of Representatives is voting TODAY on the Big Cat and Public Safety Act, HR 263. Tell your Congressman/woman to support this bill by writing to them using our action alert, located here.
- 07/27/2022The Washington Post shares an opinion article asking why are we accepting the mass slaughter of animals through heatstroke? As a result of the avian influenza outbreak this year, the Agriculture Department has ordered the killing of almost 38 million chickens, turkeys, ducks and geese to stop the spread of the virus. The agency claims this is an unfortunate necessity …